This quick Beef, Tomato and Macaroni Soup is a delicious way to warm up this winter! Hidden veggies make it a healthy meal the whole family will love.
I’ve reached a new stage of motherhood recently. The hide-veggies-in-everything-so-your-kid-will-eat-them stage. Anyone with me?
My toddler has always been pretty adventurous and open to trying new foods. But lately he’s been loving carbs like pasta and rice and hasn’t been eating as many veggies, so I’ve been getting creative.
My go-to has been making rice and adding some bone broth and mixed veggies. As long as he’s got rice on the spoon, he’s ok with a bite or two of vegetable being there too.
The other day I came up with this Beef, Tomato and Macaroni Soup and he was a huge fan! Of course the pasta was his favorite part, but he ate everything else as well.
That’s a win for me!
Soup is something I don’t make very often because most of my soup recipes are side dishes or just aren’t very filling.
This recipe is definitely an all-in-one meal, though! It has meat, grains and vegetables all in one pot.
This recipe freezes great, too! Just thaw it out overnight in the refrigerator and then pour the soup into a saucepan and reheat on the stove.
Pin the image below to save this recipe for later!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (14.5 oz) beef broth
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 jar (28 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 cup spinach, I used chopped frozen spinach (thawed out), but fresh will work as well
- 3 cups cooked elbow macaroni, You'll need 1.5 cups uncooked macaroni to make this. I used gluten free macaroni but wheat or whole wheat macaroni will work too.
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add in the diced onion and minced garlic and sauté for about a minute or until the onion is soft and the garlic is fragrant.
- Add the ground beef and cook until browned, stirring often.
- Lower the heat to medium and add in the beef broth, diced tomatoes (use the whole can, no need to drain the liquid out), tomato sauce, spinach and cooked macaroni. Stir to combine.
- Cook, covered, for 15-20 minutes or until hot, stirring occasionally.
This soup tastes great served with some mozzarella or parmesan cheese.