This recipe is yet another “Jenna and Andrew collaboration.” My boyfriend and I love food, probably way too much! We really enjoy trying new things and cooking together. This recipe is based on our favorite sandwich at a local restaurant.
If you liked my Pesto and Goat Cheese Chicken Sandwich, you will LOVE this Balsamic Chicken Sandwich! They are very similar but this one might be my favorite. The key is marinating it in the Balsamic Vinaigrette!
This sandwich is perfect for a quick and easy meal any night of the week. I was surprised how filling it was! I couldn’t even finish mine.
Here’s the recipe:
4 thin boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette
1 tbsp butter
1 large tomato, sliced
1 cup arugula
2 tbsp pesto
4 tbsp goat cheese
4 kaiser rolls
1. Combine the chicken and vinaigrette in a ziploc bag and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 350. Melt the butter in a large skillet at medium high.
3. Brown the chicken 2 minutes on each side in the skillet.
4. Lower heat to medium and cook for 10 minutes or until cooked through.
5. Meanwhile, toast the kaiser rolls in the oven for 3-5 minutes.
6. Divide the chicken, tomato slices, arugula, pesto and goat cheese and assemble all 4 sandwiches.