Ever since I started experimenting with stuffed burgers, I haven’t been able to go back to regular burgers! I love how creative I get to be with the filling. One of my favorites is the Ultimate Bacon, Egg and Cheese Stuffed Burger. I’ve been working on coming up with other creative fillings as well. One of my recent successes was this Bacon and Blue Cheese Stuffed Burger.
My inspiration was the Blue Cheese Burger at one of my favorite local restaurants, Full Belly Stuffed Burgers. I found this place shortly after I started making my own stuffed burgers and I love all their unique and tasty burgers. They also have a killer Mac & Cheese called the Mac Attack. Definitely my guilty pleasure!
Oh, and see those yummy-looking baked potato wedges in the picture? The recipe is coming to the blog soon!
- 1.5 pounds of ground beef
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp pepper
- 1/4 tbsp salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 slices of bacon, chopped
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
- Season the beef with garlic powder, pepper and salt. Form into 8 thin patties.
- In a skillet, heat 1/4 cup of olive oil. Saute the onion and bacon for 8-10 minutes or until onion is caramelized and bacon is cooked.
- Add 1/2 of the blue cheese to the skillet, stir until melted.
- Place about 1 tbsp of the blue cheese mixture into the center of a patty. Top with another patty and seal the edges. Repeat until you have 4 stuffed burgers.
- In a different skillet, heat the remaining oil on high.
- Add the burgers and brown 2 minutes on each side.
- Lower the heat to medium, cover and cook for 5 minutes or until no longer pink in the middle.
- If you have any remaining filling, use as a topping for the burgers.