Healthy snacks are so much easier than you think! These White Chocolate Blueberry Granola Bars are the perfect thing to curb your hunger this summer.
I’ve got a few staples I like to keep in the house for making healthy snacks: dates, honey, chia seeds and flax seeds. These 4 ingredients can easily be combined with other tasty flavors to create energy bites, granola bars and more.
You’ve probably noticed a blueberry theme with my recipes, too. I’m a little obsessed! A while back I made some Blueberry Chia Seed Muffins and froze the leftover blueberries. So when I was trying to think of a recipe to make, I remembered I still had some blueberries in the house.
Packed with lots of nutritious ingredients, these bars are great for an afternoon snack. Blueberry and white chocolate are such a tasty combination. These bars are sure to satisfy your hunger and hold you off until dinner.
- 1 packed cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- 2 cups oats (dry, uncooked)
- 1 cup blueberries (I used frozen but thawed them out first)
- 1/2 white chocolate chips
- Put the dates, honey, chia seeds and flax seeds in a food processor and pulse until smooth and combined. The mixture will be thick but you should still be able to stir it. If not, add more honey.
- Place the date mixture in a bowl and add the oats, blueberries and white chocolate chips. Mix until the oats are wet and everything is combined. Mixing with your hands works best! The mixture should be sticky and clumpy. If it's too wet, add more oats. If it's too dry, add more honey.
- Line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper. Pour the oat mixture into the pan and press down.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or until solid. Cut into bars. Store in the refrigerator.
What is your favorite healthy snack for summer?