These delicious blueberry muffins are made without eggs or dairy! Whether or not you eat a vegan diet, you will love this easy breakfast idea.
I love having easy, grab-and-go breakfasts in the house. If you’ve been here before, you know that muffins are one of my favorites!
I’ve been on a dairy-free diet the past few weeks to see if it would help with my baby’s eczema. Finding alternatives to some of my favorite foods required more planning, but wasn’t that hard to do.
These muffins are made with coconut milk and don’t contain eggs. And they were still super yummy!
Just look at those juicy blueberries! I used fresh blueberries in these muffins, but frozen will work as well. Right now blueberries aren’t in season here, so they were pretty expensive. But so worth it!
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 3 cups flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Grease or line a 12-count muffin tin with liners.
- In a small bowl, mix together the coconut milk and lemon juice. Let sit for about 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl and mix. Stir in the coconut milk mixture and coconut oil. Mix until combined (the batter will be thick). Fold in the blueberries.
- Divide the batter into the muffin tin. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.