Treat someone special to this beautiful Valentine’s Day Rice Krispies Treat Heart! It’s a fun treat that is so easy to make. The classic Rice Krispies Treat recipe gets a romantic upgrade for the holiday.
Rice Krispies Treats are great for just about any occasion. There are so many ways you can dress them up and customize them for any event.
For Valentine’s Day this year, make this fun heart for someone special!
It starts with the classic Rice Krispies Treat recipe. Press the mixture into two different pans — one square and one circle. When you slice the circle in half and press the pieces together, it forms a heart! So simple.
Once you’ve made the Rice Krispies Treat heart, it’s time to decorate! The base for this pretty pink frosting is marshmallow creme. It’s so sweet and yummy!
You can decorate with your choice of sprinkles, decorating gel or candy. If you are making this treat with kids, they will have lots of fun with this step.
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10 oz) package marshmallows
- 1 (7 oz) jar marshmallow creme
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Red food dye
- Sprinkles/decorating gel to decorate
- In a large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add in the marshmallows and stir until melted.
- Combine the marshmallow mixture and Rice Krispies, mix until coated.
- Butter a 8x8 square pan and 8x8 circle pan. Press the Rice Krispies mixture evenly into both pans. Let cool.
- In the meantime, combine the marshmallow creme, powdered sugar and milk in a mixer at low speed. Once it is combined, add in a few drops of red food dye until it is pink. Set aside.
- Remove the Rice Krispie treats from the pans. Place the square one on a serving tray. Slice the circle in half. Use the pieces to form a heart (see above picture). Gently press the edges together so that it is now one big, heart-shaped treat.
- Frost with the pink frosting and decorate with decorating gel and/or sprinkles.