Do you love tomato soup? This version takes it to the next level, with tortellini and sausage adding flavor and texture to this creamy soup. It’s the perfect dish to pair with garlic bread for dinner tonight.
I love cooking for other people, especially my friends. This soup was the perfect thing to make for some friends this past weekend. There might be a long list of ingredients, but this Tomato Tortellini Soup really is a quick and easy dish to make.
- 1 (16 oz package) smoked sausage
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 (6 oz can) tomato paste
- 1 (26 oz can) tomato soup
- 1 (32 oz box) chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp pepper
- 1/2 tbsp onion powder
- 1 (20 oz package) tortellini
- Slice the sausage into 1/2 inch pieces.
- In a medium skillet on high heat, cook the sausage for 5 minutes or until browned.
- In a large stock pot over medium heat, saute the garlic in the olive oil.
- Add the tomato paste to the pot and stir.
- Add tomato soup, chicken broth and cream. Stir well and bring the heat up to medium high.
- Add the italian seasoning, salt, pepper and onion powder and stir.
- Add the tortellini and bring to a boil.
- Boil for 5 minutes, lower the heat to a simmer.
- Add the sausage and simmer for 3-5 minutes.