Invite your friends over for a wine and tapas night! Serve Tomato and Goat Cheese Crostini for an easy yet fancy finger food. It pairs perfectly with a glass of your favorite wine.
Looking for a fun activity to do with friends this Fall? How about hosting a wine and tapas night? Today I’m sharing a tasty dish to serve and I’m talking about wines from Wine of Garnacha/Grenache and Wines of Roussillion.
All you need for this party is a few bottles of wine, some tasty tapas and your friends!
Italian food is my favorite to pair with wine. The tomatoes, garlic, and basil taste even better when enjoyed with a glass of red wine.
This crostini recipe is fancy enough for any party or gathering, but it only takes about 20 minutes to put together.
Choose several different types of wine to pair with different flavors. I enjoyed trying all the different varieties from Wine of Garnacha and Wine of Grenache. No matter what you are serving, they have a wine to go with it!
These wines are also great for a party because they are affordable. Most of the bottles are between $10-$20. They are made with European Quality Standards and all taste amazing.You can’t go wrong!
A few months ago I went to a tasting at a winery while on vacation in North Carolina. Our server was telling us about how he is training to become a wine sommelier. I never realized how much schooling and experience is required to become a sommelier!
I find the whole process of wine making so interesting. It helps me appreciate the wine I am tasting more when I can learn about how and where it was made.
I was able to learn a little about the wines I got to try for this post. The Wines of Garnacha/Grenache come from Spain. The area has over 5,500 winegrowers and 144 wineries. The main varieties that come from this area are Red Garnacha, Rosé and White Garnacha.
The Wines of Roussillion come from a part of France. Shaped like an amphitheater, it is the home to a small community of about 2,200 winemaker families. All colors of wine come from this area.
- 16 baguette slices (about 1/2" thick)
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tsp plus 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, sliced in halves
- 1 tablespoon fresh or dried basil, minced
- 4 oz package goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- In a small bowl, mix together the 1/4 cup olive oil and 1 tsp of minced garlic. Brush each side of the baguette slices with this mixture. Place the slices on the baking sheet. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until they are as crispy as you would like.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet on medium-high heat. Add the 1 tsp of minced garlic and stir until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes. Add in the tomatoes and basil, cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- When the crostini slices are done in the oven, spread each one with goat cheese. You can make the layer as thick or thin as you desire.
- Top each crostini with a tablespoon or so of the tomato mixture. Serve immediately.