Because we all need more than one form of coffee for breakfast… These Toffee Chocolate Baked Donuts are a delicious coffee-infused chocolate treat! A simple chocolate coffee baked donut dipped in a sugar-y glaze and topped with toffee bits.
Donuts are one of my favorite treats! I love going to a local donut place on a Saturday morning and picking out a few flavors to try.
Making donuts at home is lots of fun, too. It had been all too long since I pulled out my (affiliate link) donut pan and made some baked donuts, so I fixed that with this recipe.
I used my the donut part of my Chocolate Crumble Baked Donut recipe and added in some instant coffee.
Next comes a super simple glaze that I dipped each donut into. Finally, a topping of toffee bits! The toffee goes perfectly with the coffee flavor in the donuts.
These homemade donuts aren’t complicated or time-consuming to make. Mix them up in a couple of minutes, bake for about 12 minutes, wait for them to cool and then finish them off with glaze and toffee bits.
These Toffee Chocolate Baked Donuts are the PERFECT start to your weekend, don’t you think?
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoons of butter, melted in a small bowl or cup
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a donut pan. I used a mini donut pan and it made 12 donuts. If you have a full-sized pan it will make about 6 donuts or you can double the recipe to make more.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt and brown sugar.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the milk, egg and vanilla.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Stir the instant coffee into the melted butter until dissolved. Pour the butter mixture into the dough and mix well.
- Divide the dough into your donut pan, filling each one to just below the top of the pan.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into one of the donuts comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Combine the milk and vanilla in a small bowl that is wide enough to dip the donuts into. Whisk in the powdered sugar until smooth.
- Dip the donuts one at a time into the glaze and place them on a wire rack. Sprinkle with toffee bits.