Colorful and packed with flavor, this Sweet Potato & Apple Quinoa Salad with Maple Dressing makes a healthy dinner for any night of the week.
Are you in full Fall mode like me? I’m still waiting for cooler weather to arrive here in Florida, but I’ve been willing it to come by making everything apple, pumpkin and butternut squash.
Over the Summer I discovered quinoa salads and have been making them on a regular basis. The quinoa adds a nice texture and makes the salad much more filling. You can add pretty much anything you have in the house!
For this quinoa salad, I started by roasting sweet potatoes and apples. Aren’t they beautiful? They add so much flavor to this dish but are also what make it so colorful and pretty.
The sweet potatoes make this salad even more filling and nutritious. The apples add just a little bit of sweetness.
Next, I sauteéd the roasted sweet potatoes and apples in olive oil and drizzled with real maple syrup. This makes a delicious dressing for the salad.
I combined everything I just sauteéd in a big bowl with fresh spinach leaves and feta cheese. There is so much to love about this salad!
So there you have it. A super simple, delicious, all-in-one meal for Fall. It was a hit at my house and I know it will be at your house, too!
- 1 cup dry quinoa, cooked according to the directions on the package
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 apples (I used Gala), cubed
- Olive oil
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup
- 1 (8 oz) bag fresh spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup feta cheese crumbles
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Cook the quinoa according to the directions on the package.
- In the meantime, line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and place the sweet potato and apple cubes on it in a single layer. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake for 20 minutes, flipping once, until tender when poked with a fork.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet on medium high. Add the sweet potatoes, apples, and quinoa. Drizzle with the maple syrup and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Place the sweet potato mixture in a large bowl. Add the spinach leaves and feta and mix.
To make this a complete meal, top with sliced chicken breasts.
What is your favorite easy Fall dinner recipe?