This easy dinner recipes takes a spaghetti squash and stuffs it with ground turkey, mushrooms, onions and pasta sauce. It’s a filling and delicious meal for any night of the week!
Last week Mezzetta invited me to use their Napa Valley Homemade Pasta Sauce to create the perfect pasta night recipe. If you’ve been around here for awhile, you know that we don’t eat a lot of wheat. Regular pasta is a special treat for me, but I’ve got lots of healthier substitutes!
One of my favorites is spaghetti squash. I decided to create a stuffed spaghetti squash recipe for the pasta sauce. It is similar to a baked pasta, but so much better for you.
Mezzetta has several flavors of their Napa Valley Homemade Pasta Sauce available, and any of them will work great in this recipe. I decided to go with the Roasted Garlic and Caramelized Onions. It was a great choice!
Let’s stop for a minute and talk about how cute this wooden spoon is? My sister-in-law had them made for me last Christmas! I was saving them to use in my new kitchen and just got to break them out last week.
In addition to the delicious pasta sauce, I also stuffed the spaghetti squash with ground turkey, mushrooms and onions. It’s an all-in-one meal!
Want to plan your own perfect pasta night? Mezzetta is giving away a Perfect Pasta Night Kit that includes all 6 varieties of sauces, lots of fun goodies and a $500 grocery gift card! Enter to win today!
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup pasta sauce (I used Mezzetta)
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Cut the spaghetti squash in half and remove all the seeds and strings from the middle. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 1 hour. Take out the spaghetti squash and let it cool a little, but leave the oven on.
- Once the spaghetti squash has cooled enough to handle, scrape out all but about 1/2 inch of the inside. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, brown the ground turkey. In the meantime, heat the olive oil in a small skillet and sauté the onions and mushrooms until browned.
- Add the mushrooms and onions, the spaghetti squash you scraped out and the pasta sauce in the skillet with the turkey. Mix well until everything is coated with the sauce.
- Scoop the turkey filling into the empty spaghetti squash halves. Push down and fill as much as possible. If you can't fit all of it, just keep the rest in the skillet on warm so you will have extra.
- Put the stuffed spaghetti squash into the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
What would you serve at your perfect pasta night?