Strawberry Peach Hand Pies are a sweet, rustic dessert that is perfect for Spring! Homemade pie crust wrapped around a juicy filling of peaches and strawberries.
I am loving the weather here in Florida this Spring! It’s been getting warm but there’s still a nice breeze and it feels amazing in the shade. The humidity hasn’t quite hit yet so it feels great out.
William is 7 months old now and being outside is pretty much his favorite thing ever. We go for lots of walks! A couple weeks ago I bought one of those plastic kiddy pools and he just plays in it without water all the time.
This warmer weather has me in the mood for fruit everything! I’ve been sipping on smoothies, snacking on oranges and apples and baking fruit desserts like these Strawberry Peach Hand Pies.
Hand pies have the same components of a regular pie, but in a fun, hand-held form! My version starts with an easy, homemade pie crust. The secret to making perfect dough is using a (affiliate link) pastry cutter. If you don’t have one, a fork will do but I highly recommend investing in one!
The crust is stuffed with a filling of strawberries and peaches. I added a little sugar for extra sweetness and to create a little bit of juice.
After forming the pies, I brushed them with an egg wash and sprinkled with a little extra sugar.
This treat is delicious by itself or served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. They are especially good when they are still warm from the oven!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons cold butter
- 8 tablespoons ice cold water
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup peach slices, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup strawberries, cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour and salt. Cut in the butter until crumbly. Slowly add in the water to form a dough.
- In a small bowl, stir together the peaches, strawberries and sugar.
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Divide the dough into 6 balls. On a floured surface, roll out each ball into a 5-6 inch circle. Spoon a tablespoon or so of the filling in the center of the dough. Fold over so it is a half-circle shape. Press the edges together and place on the baking sheet. Repeat for the remaining dough balls.
- In a small cup, whisk together the egg yolk and water. Brush the egg wash over the hand pies. Sprinkle with the tablespoon of sugar.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.