A savory breakfast bowl piled high with lots of colorful, nutritious ingredients. Potatoes, a fried egg, avocado, salsa and cheese combine for a filling breakfast.
When I go out for breakfast or make something special, I tend to go with sweeter breakfasts like pancakes or muffins. But lately I’ve been getting out of the box and trying some savory breakfast ideas.
This hearty breakfast is sure to fill you up. It will also delight your taste buds with lots of different ingredients!
Avocado has become a household item for me. They are so good for you, and there are so many ways to use them. Avocado toast is my go-to for a simple, healthy lunch.
Avocados are my favorite part of this dish! They add a creamy texture to each bite.
The fried egg can be cooked according to your preference. Runny or solid. I like mine to be a little runny so it adds some flavor to the potatoes when you cut into the egg.
- 1 large potato, chopped into small pieces
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 2 tablespoons cheddar cheese
- Heat the olive oil or butter in a skillet on medium high heat. Sauté the potatoes for 10-12 minutes or until browned and slightly tender. Divide the potatoes into two bowls and season with salt and pepper.
- Fry the eggs according to your preference. Place one in each bowl.
- Divide the avocado slices, salsa and cheddar cheese between the bowls.