This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BigGameTreats #CollectiveBias
Do you have a party planned for the big game? I like to watch it with friends while enjoying all sorts of football foods. While I love savory finger foods, my favorite is a sweet treat to munch on.
Watch out, this puppy chow is addicting! It’s so easy to eat the whole bowl without even realizing it.
The first step in making this SNICKERS Puppy Chow is to head to your local Walmart and grab some candy. SNICKERS Unwrapped Bites were the perfect thing for this recipe.
If you can’t find the Unwrapped version, any variety of SNICKERS will work just fine. I loved saving a step by not having to remove all the wrappers, though.
I also grabbed a bag of Starburst while I was there. It’s a super-easy candy to serve during the game. Each piece is individually wrapped, so I don’t have to worry about how long it sits out.
When it comes to getting ready for game day (or any party), I love recipes that can be made ahead of time. Not only is this treat quick and easy to make, you can make it a day or two in advance.
Puppy chow is one of my favorite sweet snacks. Adding SNICKERS made it even better! Any chocolate-lover will be head-over-heels for this treat.
Most of the puppy chow recipes I found online used peanut butter, but I decided to try something a little different. This recipe uses a hazelnut spread. It goes so well with the SNICKERS pieces!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup hazelnut spread
- 1 (12 oz box) Chex cereal (I used the rice one)
- 2-3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup SNICKERS Unwrapped Bites (chopped roughly)
- In a pan over medium low heat, melt the butter and chocolate chips while stirring.
- Once the chocolate is melted and smooth, remove from the heat and stir in the hazelnut spread.
- Pour the cereal in a large mixing bowl. Slowly pour the chocolate mixture over the cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Pour the cereal mixture into a large ziploc bag. Pour in the SNICKERS and add the powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time, shaking to coat.
What is your favorite treat for the big game?