I love how you can change up one thing in a recipe and it makes a completely new dish! I’m sure you have seen my Healthy Chicken Quinoa Curry on the blog. It’s a dish I make regularly because it is so easy and delicious! The other day I was wanting to make something with scallops so I just switched out the chicken for scallops in the recipe. What a difference! With the scallops, this dish has more of a seafood flavor to it.
Last week was the first Hump Day Happenings, a link party hosted by Megan from The Walker Fireside Chats and myself. I am going to be linking up this recipe this week and I invite you to come link up your posts! Join us for the party that goes live at 8:00 PM CST each Tuesday night.
Here’s the recipe:
1 cup quinoa
2 cups chicken broth
2 tbsp olive oil
1 small onion, diced
1 pound small scallops
1 (11.09 oz) bottle of curry sauce
1 (14 oz) can coconut milk
1. Combine the quinoa and chicken broth in a pot, bring to a boil. Lower the heat to a simmer and cook 15 minutes.
2. In the meantime, heat the oil on medium high in a skillet. Season the scallops with salt and pepper.
3. Saute the onions and scallops in the skillet for 5 minutes or until onions are browned and scallops turn white.
4. Add the quinoa to the skillet and brown for 2 minutes.
5. Add the curry sauce and coconut milk. Stir. Lower the heat to a simmer.
6. Cook for 10 minutes.
Be sure to try the chicken version of this recipe as well!
Healthy Chicken Quinoa Curry