Today is a double whammy — these Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Granola Bars are a part of my Fall Welcome Week and my monthly Recipe Challenge with Sustaining the Powers. Mix up a batch of these healthier bars to celebrate the arrival of Fall.
As soon as the calendar says September, it seems like the whole world goes pumpkin crazy. Whether it’s recipes on Pinterest, Starbucks drinks, or even Auntie Anne’s pretzels, you can get just about anything pumpkin flavored.
Some people get annoyed by this, but I’m not one of those people! Pumpkin is one of my favorite flavors so I always look forward to the Fall craze.
Each month Stephanie from Sustaining the Powers and I do a Recipe Challenge. We come up with a prompt and challenge each other to create a fun, unique recipe. Since Fall is officially here, we obviously wanted to create pumpkin recipes!
With all the sugary drinks and desserts out there, I decided to come up with a healthier pumpkin option. Pumpkin actually is really good for you, so I wanted to make a recipe that didn’t turn it into something totally fattening.
Over the past year or so I’ve been experimenting with making healthier snacks for myself. I’ve created several bar recipes such as my White Chocolate Blueberry Granola Bars and my Dark Chocolate & Peanut Butter Granola Bars. But I have to say, these Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Granola Bars are my absolute FAVORITE!
I’m big on texture when it comes to food, and these bars have the perfect consistency. The chocolate chip add a little bit of sweetness. This is a great mid-afternoon snack or even an on-the-go breakfast.
- 2.5 cups old-fashioned oats, dry (not instant or quick oats)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour (or all-purpose if you prefer)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup pure pumpkin
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or regular if you prefer)
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray an 8x8 pan with cooking spray or line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together oats, coconut flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice.
- In the same bowl, add in the vanilla, pumpkin, almond milk, egg and molasses. Stir until completely combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until the center is completely done. Let cool and cut into bars.
We are so excited about the arrival of Fall, so we are celebrating with a giveaway! Enter to win this fun prize pack filled with all sorts of Fall-themed goodies and a Starbucks gift card. Bring on the Pumpkin Spice Lattes!
Giveaway is open to US residents 18 years of age and older. Entries will be accepted via the Rafflecopter below from 9/23/2015 to 9/30/2015 at 11:59 PM EST. Winner will be randomly selected and will be verified. Winner will be emailed and must respond with a mailing address within 48 hours to claim their prize.
Want to join in with Fall Welcome Week? Link up any Fall-themed post below. Then have some fun checking out all of the recipes, crafts, beauty trends and more.