Calling all Starbucks fans! Last year I got coffee with a friend and she ordered a pumpkin spice latte with the salted caramel topping. Oh. My. Goodness. Both of my favorites in one drink! It was that combination that inspired this gorgeous cake.
It’s a simple pumpkin cake topped with a homemade caramel glaze and sprinkled with sea salt. If one dessert can represent Fall, this is it! Pumpkin and caramel go so well together, and the sea salt takes it to the next level.
I’m celebrating all things Fall this week! I’ve teamed up with 18 other bloggers to usher in the season with a Fall takeover on our blogs this week. Be sure to scroll down to the bottom of this post to visit the other bloggers. If you have a Fall post, you can join us by linking up at the bottom of this post.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
What are some of the ways you are kicking off the Fall season? I’m probably a little too obsessed with pumpkin, but I know I’m not alone in that! I’ve been pinning so many ideas for pumpkin treats, so it was about time I made one!
- 1 Yellow cake mix
- 1 Vanilla pudding mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup buttermilk (or 1/2 cup milk and 1/2 tbsp lemon juice)
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 3/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp corn syrup
- 1 1/4 tsp vanilla
- pinch salt
- Sea Salt to top the cake
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour a bundt pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cake and pudding mixes. Add in the eggs, pumpkin, butter, buttermilk and pumpkin pie spice. Mix well.
- Pour the dough into the bundt pan. Bake for 35-45 minutes.
- Cool in the pan for 15 minutes, remove from pan and place on a wire rack. Cool completely.
- Stir cream, brown sugar and corn syrup in a saucepan on medium high. Bring to a boil.
- Stir until the glaze begins to thicken and remove from the heat. Stir in vanilla and pinch of salt.
- Stir with a wooden spoon until thickened and cooled slightly. If it's still really runny, add more brown sugar, bring to a boil, and cool again.
- Pour the caramel glaze over the cake. Sprinkle with sea salt.
Check out all the fabulous ladies hosting the Fall Welcome Week with me! They’ve all shared some amazing recipes, DIY projects, makeup tutorials and more.
Left to right by row: Seriously Sarah // Lightly Sprinkled // A Savory Feast // Love the Here and Now // No Small Life // Strong & Sweet // The Walker Fireside Chats // 12 Twenty Seven // Life with the Casterlines // Goose Egg Blue // A Tiny Traveler // With Dignity and Coffee // Life w/ Mrs. G & the Artist // The Wetherills Say I Do // Set Free // The Beauty Section // Butcher’s Niche // Kent Heartstrings