There are countless ways that you can use apples for Fall desserts, but apple crumbles are one of my all-time favorite! I love the way the apples taste with the crunchy oat topping.
For this dessert, I added Puff Pastry Sheets as the base for an update on an apple crumble. Puff pastry has the most delicious texture! It works great for all sorts of recipes, from sweet to savory.
You can find Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Sheets in the freezer section at your local grocery store. Since you’ll only need one of the two sheets for this recipe, be sure to check out all the great recipes on their website!
Isn’t this a beautiful dessert? It’s best served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Yum!
Your Thanksgiving gathering definitely needs to include this dessert! It’s one that your whole family will enjoy and ask for again next year.
- 1 sheet of Puff Pastry
- 2 apples of your choice (I used 1 red and 1 green Red Delicious apples)
- 1/2 tbsp flour
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Thaw the puff pastry sheet according to the directions on the box.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a baking sheet. Take the puff pastry sheet and use a rolling pin to roll to about 12-15 inches long. Place on the baking sheet and set aside.
- Cut the apples into slices. Place in a bowl with the flour, white sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon. Stir until coated. Arrange the apple mixture on the puff pastry sheet.
- In another bowl, combine the crumble ingredients. Mix until crumbles form. Sprinkle over the apple mixture.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until puff pastry is browned and apples are soft.