Chocolate, peppermint and cream cheese are a tasty combination in this easy holiday dessert. It’s the perfect treat to bring to a party.
Today I’m sharing a couple of ways to make holiday baking super easy! Start by topping a classic brownie mix in a Reynolds pan, and then top it with cream cheese frosting and peppermints. Everyone will think it took you forever to make! And clean up? Even easier!
It seems like every time I take a dish to a party, I always forget to bring the dish home with me! So I started keeping Reynolds disposable bakeware in the house so that it can just be thrown away after use. No more lost dishes!
You can save on lots of Reynolds products using these coupons!
Making your own peppermint topping is so easy! I bought some candy canes and put three of them in a plastic sandwich bag. Then I used a meat tenderizer to pound the candy canes into little pieces.
Peppermint is definitely one of my favorite Christmas flavors. I especially love when it’s paired with chocolate!
This sweet treat takes that wonderful peppermint flavor and pairs it with rich chocolate brownies and a delicious cream cheese frosting.
- 1 (9x13 family size) brownie mix
- Eggs, water and oil as called for on the brownie box
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Crushed peppermint candy canes, for topping
- Preheat the oven and prepare the brownie batter according to the directions on the box.
- Pour the batter into a Reynold's 1/4 sheet cake size pan OR your own greased baking pan (adjust the bake time according to the directions on the box).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until done. Let cool completely before frosting.
- Use an electric mixer with a paddle attachment to whip together the cream cheese and butter until fluffy.
- Add powdered sugar and mix until fluffy.
- Spread the frosting on top of the cooled brownies. Sprinkle with the crushed peppermint candy canes.