Peanut butter and dark chocolate make a healthy and delicious snack that tastes more like a dessert!
Lately I’ve been wanting to snack all the time! To make sure I don’t resort to eating junk food, I’ve been making an effort to keep healthy homemade snacks in the house.
These Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate Energy Bites were the perfect solution! They are no-bake and are ready so quick and easy to put together.
This is a great snack for after your workout or to hold you over until dinner. Maple syrup and the dark chocolate chips provide a little bit of sweetness. They are gluten free and refined sugar free (as long as you use a peanut butter that is unsweetened).
If you are a fan of peanut butter and chocolate together, this is the snack for you! Make a batch and keep them in the fridge to snack on throughout the week.
- 1 cup oats
- 2 tbsp flax seeds
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Put the dry oats and flax seeds in a blender and blend into a flour-like consistency (it's ok if there are still some bigger pieces of oats or flax seeds).
- Pour the oat/flax flour into a large bowl and add the peanut butter, maple syrup and dark chocolate chips. Mix until everything is combined into a thick dough.
- Use your hands to press and shape the dough into balls, about 1-inch in diameter.
- Store the balls in the refrigerator.
What is your favorite healthy snack option?