Craving a sweet afternoon snack? Make these Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies! Made with cream cheese instead of butter, these cookies have an amazing texture, plus they combine the flavors of peanut butter and chocolate into one yummy cookie.
Baking cookies is one of my favorite hobbies. There is something that feels so good about baking for me, and cookies are one of the things I like to make most.
My current favorite recipe is my Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies. I always keep the ingredients in the house so I can make them whenever my husband and I are craving them.
But this week I wanted to mix things up and try a different sort of flavor. So these Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies were born!
Have you ever tried making cookies using cream cheese? It gives them such a good texture!
This recipe replaces the butter that you would usually use for making cookies with cream cheese.
I also like to make peanut butter cookies using crunchy peanut butter. I love the little chunks of peanuts mixed throughout the cookies! If that’s not your thing, these are great made with creamy peanut butter, too.
Fall is in full swing, and I’m seeing pumpkin and apple everything all over social media. Take a quick break from that goodness and enjoy these classic flavors!
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 3/4 cup peanut butter (crunchy or creamy)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the cream cheese, peanut butter, brown sugar, sugar, vanilla and egg. Mix until completely combined and creamy.
- In a small bowl, mix together the salt, baking soda and flour. Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients slow, mixing completely.
- Use a rubber spatula to mix in the chocolate chips.
- Place the dough in rounded tablespoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until slightly browned.
- Let cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet before transferring to a cooling rack. Store cookies in a airtight container on the countertop. They will stay fresh for about 4-5 days.