These are the most decadent brownies ever! Start with your favorite boxed brownie mix and top with a peanut butter cheesecake layer and Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.
I’ve got a weakness for anything that combines peanut butter and chocolate. When it comes to dessert, I’ll usually gravitate toward something with that combination.
For these brownies, I started with my favorite boxed brownie mix. Next comes a layer of creamy peanut butter cheesecake. It has a frosting-like consistency and tastes incredible! Finally, I chopped up a bunch of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and used them as a garnish for the bars.
I made these bars for a friend’s going away party and everyone loved them! They were gone before I knew it.
Let me tell you, I had the toughest time editing these pictures and putting this post together because I wanted to stop what I was doing and go make another batch!
Trust me, you don’t need an excuse to make this delicious dessert. Treat yourself this week! These over-the-top brownies are 100% worth it, for sure.
- 1 (9x13 inch family size) brownie mix (plus eggs, oil and water called for on the box)
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 8 Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
- Mix and bake the brownies according to the directions on the box. Allow the brownies to cool completely.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese and peanut butter.
- Add in the powdered sugar and milk, a little at a time. Mix until smooth and creamy.
- Spread the peanut butter mixture on top of the brownies.
- Use a knife to chop the Reese's Peanut Butter Cups into small chunks. Sprinkle the chunks on top of the peanut butter layer.
- Refrigerate for an hour or more before cutting into bars and serving.