You won’t believe how easy these Panko, Cream Cheese & Herb Stuffed Mushrooms are to make. They look impressive, but take about 10 minutes of prep to get them ready to go in the oven. They make a great side dish for just about any meal.
My fiancé’s birthday was yesterday, but we celebrated a little early with a birthday date night last week. Mushrooms are one thing that he love but I can’t stand. I usually don’t think to make anything with them since I’m not a fan, but I’ve been trying to use them sometimes for Andrew.
A few months ago I tried making some stuffed mushrooms for him. He absolutely loved them! I knew they needed to be a part of his special birthday dinner. I decided to mix things up and create a new recipe for them using Progresso Panko Crispy Bread Crumbs.
You’ll definitely want to use Panko bread crumbs rather than regular bread crumbs for this recipe. Panko bread crumbs are light and crispy, while regular bread crumbs would make the filling for these mushrooms too dense.
If you’ve got a Publix near you, you can save on these Progresso Panko Crispy Bread Crumbs with this coupon!
Prepping the mushrooms and filling is so easy! You’ll be done in no time. Browning the bread crumbs adds flavor and texture to the filling. Adding the warm bread crumbs to the cream cheese will make it easier to mix.
Stuff the mushrooms with as much of the filling as you can. I found that there was a perfect amount to make them look nice and full but not tip over.
This may be the first recipe I’ve shared that I can’t really vouch for, but Andrew gave it a thumbs up! Of course, how can you go wrong with cream cheese? These stuffed mushrooms were a wonderful addition to his birthday dinner, and they make a great side for any meal.
- 8 oz whole mushrooms
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Dash of salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Break the stalks off of the mushrooms, being careful not to break the caps.
- Place the caps on a baking sheet and drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil and toss to coat. Spread the caps out on the sheet, cup side up.
- Finely chop the stalks.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a skillet over medium high.
- Add mushroom stalks and garlic, sauté for 1-2 minute or until softened.
- Add panko bread crumbs and sauté for 2 minutes or until they get slightly browned. Remove pan from the heat.
- Place the cream cheese, herbs, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Add the panko mixture. Stir until combined.
- Use a teaspoon to spoon the panko mixture into the mushroom cups. Drizzle with remaining olive oil and bake for 10 minutes. Don't overcook or they will get mushy!
Enter to Win a $15 PayPal Gift Card!
Want to try this recipe for yourself? Win a $15 PayPal gift card to use to buy the ingredients. Use the Rafflecopter below to easily enter to win.
What is your favorite way to use Panko bread crumbs?