Applesauce gives these One Bowl Applesauce Muffins a moist texture and a delicious fruity taste! Great for a grab-and-go breakfast, these muffins don’t require much clean up since they are mixed up in one bowl!
There are no shortage of muffin recipes here at A Savory Feast. I love making muffins for an easy breakfast or snack.
I like to keep things simple for breakfast. Most days I just eat a bowl of cereal with my coffee. But I try to make something homemade every so often as well. Muffins or breads are great because they will keep for several days.
One reason I keep things simple for breakfast is because I don’t want to start the day off with a messy kitchen!
This recipe is great because you can mix it up in one bowl. Less dishes means less time spent cleaning up after you eat!
The applesauce gives these muffins such a delicious, moist texture. You can you homemade applesauce like my Pear and Apple Sauce recipe, or you can use store bought. Either will work great!
Mix it up! Try adding in chunks of fresh apples, raisins or extra cinnamon.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Grease or line a 12-count muffin pan.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, stir together the flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt.
- Add in the brown sugar, melted butter, applesauce and vanilla. Mix until combined.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin pan, filling about 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into one of the muffins comes out clean.