Just call these the ultimate cookie: an easy cake mix cookie layer topped with an oat crumble and M&M’s.
Being able to work from home has been such a blessing since I’ve been pregnant. I can take a break to nap if I’m not feeling well, make all my appointments without having to take off work and have time during the day to exercise.
But it can also be dangerous! Case in point: afternoons when I just don’t feel like working and instead give into my cravings and bake something sweet.
These bar cookies are a combination of just about everything you could want in a dessert: chocolate, M&M’s, cake mix, oat crumble…
If you are big on foods with texture, you will love these cookies! The cake-y bottom layer goes great with the crunchy oat crumble and delicious M&M’s.
So if you are craving something sweet today, treat yourself to these yummy cookies! It’s the best way to get a little of everything in one delicious cookie.
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup M&M's, divided
- 1/2 oats, dry
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 9x13 inch pan.
- Mix the cake mix, water, oil and eggs in a medium bowl. Stir in 1/2 cup of M&M's.
- Spread the cake mix batter into the 9x13 inch pan. Set aside.
- In another medium bowl, combine the oats, flour, brown sugar and butter until crumbly.
- Sprinkle the oat mixture on top of the cake mix layer. Sprinkle with the remaining M&M's and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool before cutting into bars.