These beautiful sweet treats are made with delicious fresh blueberries and a special addition — lavender! A perfect bite-sized dessert for any occasion.
I’ve always wanted to try making galettes! They are so pretty and sounded delicious. I’ve been collecting lots of ideas on Pinterest but decided to come up with a recipe of my own for my first attempt at making galettes.
I volunteered to make a dessert for my friend’s baby shower, so I decided to make a mini version for these galettes so that they would be easier to serve.
I made a homemade pie crust for these galettes, but I think the next time I make them I will just use store-bought! It saves a lot of time and tastes just as good. The trick to making perfect galettes is to roll out the dough super thin so that it is easy to work with. It would be a lot easier to do this with store-bought dough, but it’s totally up to you!
Lavender is an ingredient I love to use in baked goods! I first discovered it a few years ago at one of my favorite restaurants in Sarasota, Station 400. They used to have these amazing Strawberry Lavender Pancakes (if anyone from Station 400 reads this, bring them back please!!).
I’ve made homemade pancakes with lavender a few times and they were wonderful! It’s a very different flavor but I think it goes so well with fruit.
One of my friends brought some lavender home to me after a trip, and I’m so excited to try using it in more recipes. It was the perfect addition to these galettes!
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp lavender buds
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup oil
- 3 to 4 tsp cold water
- Mix sugar and cornstarch in saucepan. Add blueberries. Turn on heat to medium high and add water. Bring to a boil. As soon as it starts boiling, it should thicken up very quickly. Lower the heat to medium and stir for 1 minute. Add lavender.
- Turn off heat and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Stir together flour and salt. Add oil and mix well. The dough should be crumbly.
- Sprinkle in water 1 tablespoon at a time until moistened, form into a ball.
- Place the dough on a floured surface. Flatten and roll out very thin. Use round bowl to cut out circles until you run out of dough.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Place the dough circle on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place a small spoonful of filling in the center of each circle. Fold the edges of the circle in to create the galettes.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until dough is browned.
- Note: You can substitute store-bought pie crust if you like.
Have you tried baking with lavender? What did you make?