Have you ever made your own donuts? I just discovered homemade baked donuts! If you don’t have a donut pan, you need to invest in one! These Maple Baked Donuts are just one of the delicious varieties I’ve created so far.
These donuts have maple in the dough and in the glaze. Double maple! The combination of maple with the cake donut gives you the flavor of a pancake. The only thing that would make this better would be to top it with bacon!
One of the best things about baked donuts is that you can make them ahead of time. That way, you can enjoy them for breakfast the next day without having to bake right when you wake up.
This recipe is so easy to whip up. Before long, you’ll have the donuts in the oven, filling your house with their tasty aroma.
If you do make them the day before, be sure to taste test one. They make a great afternoon snack, too!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a donut pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Mix in the butter, milk, maple syrup,vanilla and egg. Stir until no longer lumpy.
- Pour the dough into a piping bag or sandwich bag and pipe into the donut pan.
- Bake for 12-16 minutes or until browned. Let cool for 5 minutes, transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine the powdered sugar, maple syrup and milk. You can add more milk if it's too thick, or more sugar if it's too thin.
- Drizzle glaze over the donuts and let harden.
Have you ever tried making homemade donuts? What’s your favorite recipe?