This recipe for Italian Tilapia and Quinoa is a super easy one to put together for a weeknight dinner. I love how fast tilapia cooks so it is often a go-to for dinner. Cook some veggies and you have a quick healthy meal!
I am a big fan of italian food but because I try to stay away from breads and pasta, I don’t eat it very often. By making this meal with quinoa, I can still have an “italian meal” without as many carbs.
Here’s the recipe:
2 cups quinoa
4 cups chicken broth
1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes (drained)
1 (3.5 oz) container feta cheese
6 tilapia filets
2 tbsp olive oil
1. Combine the quinoa and chicken broth in a pot. Bring to a boil.
2. Add the tomatoes to the quinoa and stir.
3. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
4. In the meanwhile, season the tilapia and heat the oil in a skillet on medium high.
5. Place the tilapia in the skillet and brown for 2 minutes on each side.
6. Lower the heat for the skillet to medium and cook for 5 minutes or until done.
7. Remove the quinoa from the heat. Add the feta cheese and stir.
If you liked this recipe, try Tilapia with Quinoa and Feta!