A few weeks ago Andrew and I both took the week off for a stay-cation. We went on a cruise with friends over the weekend, but the beginning of the week was just a time to relax, spend time together and get stuff done.
We love cooking even we are on vacation, but sometimes it’s nice to just throw a simple meal together. This pizza may look really impressive (I was so proud of it!) but it is a really quick dinner to throw together.
I’ve been eating better for long enough that I really enjoy whole wheat foods! This pizza crust was really good, and it’s so easy because you don’t have to make the dough before putting your pizza together.
There is a little bit of prep work to do before creating your masterpiece, but it’s really fast and easy! Just cook up a few bacon slices and saute some spinach. Chop up the crab, bacon and chives and you are ready to assemble!
There are so many flavors packed onto this pizza, but they all go together so well! I always love making colorful dishes like this. I just wanted to keep taking pictures of it! If you are looking for a simple meal that will really impress your guests, this is it!
- 1 pre-baked whole wheat pizza crust (10 oz package)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 slices of bacon
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 1 cup imitation crab, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a medium skillet, cook the bacon for about 2-3 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Take the bacon out of the pan and add the spinach. Saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Spread the olive oil on the crust. Sprinkle with most of the mozzarella cheese.
- Sprinkle with bacon, spinach, crab and scallions. Finish with the remaining cheese.
- Bake right on the rack for 8-10 minutes.