Perfect for St. Patrick’s Day, these Guinness Burgers are infused with flavor! An easy meal to celebrate the holiday.
I’m not a beer fan at all. That’s why I wasn’t expecting to like a Guinness Burger when my husband ordered one at a restaurant awhile back, but I gave it a shot. And I loved it!
So in honor of St. Patrick’s Day, I decided to try making this flavorful burger at home. You have to get started early so the meat has plenty of time to marinate in the beer, but after that these burgers are so quick and easy to make!
What are you doing to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day this year? Last week I announced my pregnancy, and on St. Patrick’s Day we will be getting an ultrasound to find out the gender! We are so excited to finally find out if we are having a boy or a girl.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3/4 cup Guinness (any variety)
- 1 egg, beaten
- Salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder
- 4 hamburger buns
- At least a few hours before you cook the burgers, marinate the ground beef by placing it in a container with the Guinness. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- When you are ready to cook the burgers, take the ground beef out of the refrigerator. If there seems to be a lot of liquid, squeeze some of it out. Mix in the egg, salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder. Form 4 patties.
- Cook your burgers on the grill or in a skillet on the stovetop to your liking. If grilling, I recommend heating the grill to medium high and grilling for about 5 minutes on each side or until the burgers are done to your preference. If cooking in a skillet, add 2 tablespoons of butter to the pan and heat to medium high. Cook for 5 minutes on each side or until done to your preference.
- Serve immediately with burger toppings of your choice such as lettuce, tomato, pickles, mayo, etc.
How are you celebrating St. Patrick’s Day this year?