Start your day with these healthy Apple Oat Muffins. So easy to make and so good! Gluten free and packed with good-for-you ingredients.
One of my favorite things for an easy breakfast is muffins. But most of them are so bad for you! Usually they are packed with carbs and sugar.
This healthier version is made with oat flour so they are gluten free, and sweetened with applesauce and agave nectar.
You can make these muffins for an easy, on-the-go breakfast. They last for several days, so you’ll have something healthy ready for you each morning.
Did you try this recipe? Be sure to share a picture on Instagram and tag @asavoryfeast! To stay up-to-date on the latest recipes, be sure to subscribe to our newsletter or follow along on Facebook or Pinterest.
Adapted from my Gluten Free Blueberry Oat Muffin recipe.
- 3 cups oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Place liners in a 12 count muffin pan or use nonstick spray.
- Place 2 cups of the oats in a food processor or blender. Pulse on high until the mixture forms a flour consistency.
- Place the oat flour you just made into a large bowl along with the other 1 cup of oats. Add the baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Mix to combine.
- Add the unsweetened applesauce, coconut milk, coconut oil and agave nectar. Stir until completely blended.
- Divide the batter into the muffin tin and bake for 25 minutes or until golden browned.