Need to make a last minute dessert for guests or to satisfy a chocolate craving? This Fast Fixin’ Chocolate Chip Cake is a snap to mix up using a boxed cake mix and a few special ingredients. You probably already have everything in the house to make this rich cake! No one will believe that you didn’t make it completely from scratch.
Today’s recipe is a special one. This isn’t a new recipe that I created, but one from my childhood.
Fast Fixin’ Chocolate Chip Cake is a dessert that my mom made all the time growing up. It was probably one of the first desserts that my brothers and I learned how to make by ourselves.
My mom always had the ingredients for this cake in the house, so it was easy to make it when we had people over or when we just really wanted to bake a dessert after dinner!
This cake starts with a boxed cake mix and a boxed pudding mix. Add in oil, eggs and water and mix it all up right in the pan. Top with a generous helping of chocolate chips and bake.
So simple and hardly anything to clean up when you are done baking!
Now, you’ll definitely want to have something to top this cake with. Although it is delicious on it’s own, my personal favorite is topping it with a scoop of cool whip. Other great choices are whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Next time you have last minute guests drop by, take a minute to mix up this tasty cake! They won’t be able to turn down a second helping.
- 1 box (15.25 oz) chocolate cake mix
- 1 box (5.9 oz) instant chocolate pudding mix
- Eggs, oil and water as called for on the chocolate cake mix box
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Measure the oil as called for on the cake mix box and pour into a 9x13 inch pan. Tilt the pan back and forth to cover the bottom of the pan with the oil.
- Empty the cake mix and pudding mix into the pan.
- In a cup or small bowl, whisk together the egg and water as called for on the cake mix box. Pour the egg mixture into the pan and mix everything together until blended. Use a spatula to make sure it is spread evenly in the pan.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Serve warm with a topping of cool whip, whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Store leftovers in the refrigerator.