Dark Chocolate and peanut butter has to be one of the best flavor combinations! This easy treat is perfect for parties or just because.
Snacks like this are just plain dangerous. You won’t be able to stop eating it! If you are planning a party or family get-together for the holidays, this is the perfect snack for your guests to munch on.
Whether you call it Chex Party Mix, muddy buddies or puppy chow, this sweet treat is so easy and so fun to make!
My trick to perfectly coated Chex is to layer the ingredients in the Ziploc bag. Start with a few scoops of the Chex mixture, add some of the cake mix powder and repeat until you’ve used everything. Then shake it up!
I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve used the combination of chocolate and peanut butter in my recipes here. It’s my favorite combination! And if it’s dark chocolate, even better.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 (12 oz) box Chex cereal (I used the Rice one)
- 1 (15 oz) dark chocolate cake mix
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- In a pan over medium low heat, melt the butter and chocolate chips while stirring.
- Once the chocolate is melted and smooth, remove from the heat and stir in the peanut butter.
- Pour the cereal into a large mixing bowl. Slowly pour in the chocolate mixture and stir until well coated.
- Pour the cereal mixture into a large Ziploc bag. Add the cake mix powder and peanut butter chips, seal the bag, and shake until coated.
What is your favorite way to use Chex in your holiday recipes?