August is right around the corner! Here in Florida, it’s only getting hotter and hotter. Beat the heat with these easy Dark Chocolate and Fruit Yogurt Pops.
A few months ago I picked up a popsicle mold at the dollar store. Ever since, it’s been one of my favorite ways to create a fun snack or dessert. I use all sorts of easy ingredients and layer them together into a colorful treat.
One of my favorite ingredients to use for the base of the popsicle is yogurt. It tastes so good frozen! It’s really easy to dress it up with fruit, candy or nuts.
These pops would be a lot of fun to make with kids, but grown-ups love them, too! Popsicles are nostalgic for me, so it’s a fun way to brighten the day. They always bring back memories!
If you aren’t a dark chocolate fan, these pops could also be made with milk chocolate or even white chocolate. Try mixing things up and add in a few other fun ingredients, too. It’s fun to see what you can come up with using the ingredients you have in the house!
For these pops, I picked up three flavors of Yoplait yogurt: strawberry, peach and blueberry. Making each popsicle a different color was a lot of fun!
To add a layer of texture, I chopped up some dark chocolate and added it to the molds before freezing.
These pops were the perfect treat to cool off with on a hot summer day! You can save on the ingredients when you shop at Publix by using these coupons.
- 4 Yoplait yogurts (any flavor)
- About 4 squares from a bar of dark chocolate
- 1 popsicle mold that makes 4 popsicles (you could also use paper cups and popsicle sticks)
- Chop the dark chocolate up into large chunks. Sprinkle about 1/2 of the pieces into the bottom of the popsicle molds.
- For each mold, spoon a layer of yogurt over top of the dark chocolate (I used a different flavor for each mold) about 1 inch tall.
- Sprinkle the remaining dark chocolate into the molds. Add another layer of yogurt to each mold, filling it up to the rim.
- Place the popsicle sticks into the molds. Place in the freezer for at least 3 hours or overnight.
Win a $15 PayPal Gift Card
Snag an easy entry to win a $15 PayPal gift card! Follow the directions in the Rafflecopter below.
Have you tried making homemade popsicles? What is your favorite recipe?