This easy, all-in-one meal is perfect for a busy weeknight! Creamy Ricotta, Tomato and Sausage Skillet is a dinner the whole family will love.
Pasta skillets are one of my favorite meals, but something I don’t make very often. It’s always a special treat for us!
This creamy pasta dish is a filling meal that is super easy to make. It doesn’t take long to throw together, either!
Italian sausage adds a delicious flavor to this dish, while the ricotta adds a creamy texture to the sauce.
Even though I was only cooking for two, I still made a big batch of this pasta. It was great to reheat for the lunch the next day!
You can use your favorite type of pasta, but I love (affiliate link) Trader Joe’s Organic Gluten Free Brown Rice & Quinoa Fusilli Pasta.
- 1 lb uncooked pasta of your choice (I used Trader Joe's Gluten Free Brown Rice & Quinoa Fusilli)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 lb Italian style turkey sausage, cut open and the fillings removed
- 1 (29 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (15 oz) container ricotta cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- Cook the pasta according to the directions on the package.
- In the meantime, heat the olive oil on medium high in a large skillet. Brown the minced garlic for 1-2 minutes. Add in the turkey sausage, breaking it up with a wooden spoon. Cook until the sausage is browned, about 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in the diced tomatoes, tomato paste, basil and oregano. Bring to a boil, then lower to a simmer.
- Once the pasta is done, drain it and mix it into the tomato sauce. Add in the ricotta cheese, stirring until everything is mixed well. Top with mozzarella cheese and cover the skillet with a lid.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.