Dinner tonight? It doesn’t get any easier than this Creamy Parmesan and Garlic Orzo. Cook up this one dish meal in under 30 minutes! Start with a package of orzo and then create the simple, creamy sauce. Add in the sausage and mix it all up for a delicious meal that your family will love.
I saw an orzo dish on Pinterest last week and realized it had been too long since I made anything with orzo!
I’m a big texture person when it comes to food, especially with pasta. I just love the texture that orzo brings to a dish. And it’s just about perfect when paired with this creamy parmesan sauce.
This parmesan sauce is so simple! It’s made from heavy cream, which is the base for all the best pasta sauces. Am I right?
Next, shredded parmesan cheese is melted into the heavy cream. I love the flavor that parmesan cheese adds to this dish.
Sausage is the final touch to this dinner. It’s one of my favorites for easy meals since it is inexpensive and ready to be sliced and added in a hurry.
You could also experiment with adding a different meat if you like. Chicken or Italian sausage would go great with the parmesan sauce.
Make an easy vegetable to serve alongside this meal and you are ready to eat! I’m even thinking about adding in a vegetable like asparagus next time I make this dish.
- 12 oz orzo
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 pound sausage, sliced
- Salt, pepper and dried basil to season
- Cook the orzo according to the directions on the package.
- While the orzo is cooking, begin making the sauce. Place the butter in a skillet and melt over medium heat. Stir in the garlic and let cook for about 2 minutes. Pour in the heavy cream and stir. Slowly sprinkle in the parmesan cheese, stirring as it melts.
- Once the cheese is melted, stir in the sausage slices.
- Once the orzo is finished cooking, stir it into the sauce. Season with salt, pepper and dried basil. Serve immediately.