I’ve seen a lot of healthy Greek yogurt recipes lately, so I decided to try one for myself. I couldn’t get enough of this creamy sauce! I marinated the chicken in some of it, reserving extra sauce to serve on top of the chicken and some couscous. You could also try serving this dish with rice or quinoa.
This meal is perfect for a busy weeknight. Cook some frozen vegetables to serve with it and you have an easy meal that is good for you too! This Creamy Greek Yogurt & Chicken recipe is one I will definitely be making again soon.
Here’s the Recipe:
2 large bone-in chicken breasts (I removed the skin, but you don’t have to)
1 1/2 cups greek yogurt
1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tsp garlic, minced
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried parsley
1 tsp pepper
1. Combine the greek yogurt and milk in a bowl.
2. Zest the lemon into the yogurt mixture. Cut the lemon in half and squeeze one half into the mixture.
3. Mix in olive oil, garlic and spices.
4. Put chicken and about 3/4 of sauce in a ziploc bag. Make sure the chicken is coated in sauce and marinate in the fridge for 30-45 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 375.
6. Bake chicken for 35-45 minutes or until done.
7. Serve with couscous or rice and top with remaining sauce.