Cream cheese is a magical ingredient. It takes an already delicious recipe and makes it 10 times better. Case in point: these Cream Cheese Brownie Cookies. You probably have a brownie mix in the house, so dress it up with a few extra ingredients for a tasty treat.
I was lucky enough to get two weeks off of work for Christmas and New Years, and I’ve been cooking and baking up a storm! You won’t want to miss all of the recipes I’ll be sharing over the next couple weeks.
These cookies are one of the first recipes I created. I love making recipes that dress up a boxed mix. It saves time and money when you are in a pinch, and they always turn out great.
Whenever I make brownies, I like to underbake them a little so that the inside is gooey. I did the same with these cookies! Make sure you take them out right when the edges are set, but the center still looks gooey.
- 1 (19.5 oz) Brownie Mix
- 4 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese and butter until creamy. Beat in the egg.
- Add the brownie mix and stir until combined. It will be a thick mixture.
- Stir in white chocolate chips.
- Place by rounded tablespoon-fulls onto a cookie sheet lined with foil or parchment paper.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges are set. Don't bake for longer than 12 minutes, you want the inside to be gooey!
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
What is your favorite way to use cream cheese?