These delightful Crab Puff Pastry Bites are just the thing for Holiday parties! A light, flavorful appetizer that is easy to make in 30 minutes.
I just can’t get enough of Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets lately! They are perfect for making holiday recipes. A couple weeks ago I shared a sweet way to use it for Puff Pastry Apple Crumble. Now I’ve got a savory idea for you.
You’ll definitely want to pick up some of these Puff Pastry Sheets to keep in the house during the holiday season! They are a great time saver when it comes to making appetizers, desserts and more.
Be sure to check out Pepperidge Farm’s website for even more great ideas for using Puff Pastry Sheets.
This recipe uses Puff Pastry Sheets cut into squares to make a light, fluffy base. Next comes a simple mixture of imitation crab, cream cheese, green onions, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Scoop the crab mixture onto the puff pastry squares and bake.
You’ll want to serve these bites fresh from the oven so they are warm and crispy. This recipe makes 24 bites, so it will serve a lot of people. You can also double or triple the recipe easily since it is so simple to put together.
Be sure to check out the video below to see how these bites are made!
- 2 sheets of puff pastry dough, thawed
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz package imitation crab
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400. Line 2 large cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Place the first sheet of puff pastry on a cutting board and use a rolling pin to roll it out so it is a couple inches longer. Use a pizza cutter to cut into 12 equal squares. Repeat with the second sheet of puff pastry.
- In a medium bowl, mix the cream cheese, imitation crab, green onions, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Place the crab mixture by tablespoon-fulls into the center of each puff pastry square. Pull opposite corners of the puff pastry square up and press together, leaving the other two corners down (see video). Place the bites onto the cookie sheets.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until puff pastry is golden brown. Serve warm.