Today I’ve got another food blogger friend sharing a guest post with us! I’m a huge fan of skillet desserts so I can’t wait to make this one.
The name says it all, this Chunky Chewy Skillet Cookie is the perfect slice of chocolate chip cookie goodness!
Hey y’all, this is Joanna from Everyday Made Fresh, and I’m here today sharing this delicious recipe for my Chunky Chewy Skillet Cookie; since Jenna is out with her new baby!! Awe, congrats Jenna! The first few weeks are seriously the best!
Ok, let’s talk about skillet cookies. They are all over the internet lately. I don’t think that I can log onto Pinterest, Instagram, or Facebook, and not see either a recipe, photo, and lately even videos of skillet cookies. You can make any flavor combination imaginable. Our chunky chewy skillet cookie is filled with white chocolate and dark chocolate chips. One of our favorite combos. However, with the base recipe, you can change it up to include your two favorite chip/nut combos. Maybe you want peanut butter and chocolate chips. Or maybe caramel bits and pecans. See, where I’m going with this? I like recipes that are interchangeable without having to change the entire recipe. The possibilities are endless.
When I made this a few weeks ago my youngest daughter, Kelsie, who will be 11 soon, said she wanted this for her birthday cake! No problem, I thought. I can pipe vanilla buttercream, chocolate buttercream, peanut butter frosting, caramel frosting, or my favorite killer fudge frosting along the edges, toss some sprinkles on top, and we have a tasty birthday cookie cake!
The slices are thick and chewy with just the right consistency. If you love chewy cookies, then this is the recipe for you! The slices are best served warm, and can be kept in a air-tight container, on the counter top for up to 5 days . When you want to serve it up, just toss in the microwave for 15 seconds to get the fresh baked chewy texture!
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 17 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips (or your choice of chips/nuts)
- 1 cup white chocolate chips (or your choice of chips/nuts)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line the bottom of a 10-inch cast iron skillet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl mix together the flour, salt, and baking powder. Set aside.
- Beat together the butter, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, and maple syrup until smooth and creamy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Slowly add the flour mix, in small batches. At this point you may need to turn your mixer off and use your hands. (the mix is stiff and sticky)
- Once you've incorporated the flour mix, mix in the chocolate chips.
- Drop the dough into your prepared skillet. Press the dough into the bottom and around the sides, evenly, using your hand.
- Bake for 20 to 35 minutes.
- Allow to rest for one hour before slicing. This will allow it to hold it's shape.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Be sure to follow along with Everyday Made Fresh! You can find Joanna’s blog and follow her on social media using the links below.