Think homemade cheesecake is a lot of work? Think again! These delicious bars are so easy to make. Topped with juicy cherries and rich dark chocolate for a wonderfully sweet treat.
Did you know February is National Cherry Month? I’m a Wayfair Homemaker, and today I’m excited to join in their Cherry Sweet event! I’m sharing a tasty cherry recipe to celebrate.
I’ve been wanting to try making cheesecake at home, but I decided to go with an easier version for my first try. These bars make homemade cheesecake so easy!
You start with a sugary graham cracker crust, followed by the yummy cheesecake. Top with cherries and dark chocolate, bake, slice and enjoy!
This is a simple treat, but it makes for such a pretty dessert! It’s so rich and messy you almost have to eat it with a fork.
As I write this post, these bars are sitting in my fridge and calling my name! They are just so tempting. It’s a good thing I have lots of willing taste-testers to give them away to. Otherwise I would eat way too many!
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 15 full sheets of graham crackers)
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 (8 oz) packages of cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 of a 21 oz can cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- If you are using full sheets of graham crackers to make the crumbs, you can crush them using a food processor or by putting them in a ziploc bag and using something heavy like a rolling pin or meat tenderizer to crush.
- In a medium bowl, mix the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and sugar. Stir until combined.
- Press into an ungreased 9x13 inch pan.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside, but leave the oven on.
- Use an electric beater to mix the cream cheese, egg, vanilla and sugar.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over the graham cracker crust.
- Spoon the cherries over the cream cheese mixture. You don't have to cover the entire thing with cherries, just spread them randomly.
- Sprinkle with dark chocolate chips.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the center is set.
- Let cool to room temperature and then refrigerate for a few hours before cutting into squares and serving.