I don’t get pizza very often, but when I do, I don’t go to the big chains. I love finding local, specialty places! One of my favorite pizzas to get is Buffalo Chicken (if you’ve read my blog at all, I’m sure you could have guessed that!). I was making pizza last night and decided to try my own version.
Most Buffalo Chicken pizza that I’ve had is made with breaded chicken. It tastes amazing, but I wanted to make a (slightly) healthier version. I used the idea behind the chicken in my Buffalo Chicken Texas Toast, added some blue cheese, and viola! Delicious.
Here’s the recipe:
1 (16 oz) package of pizza dough
1/2 cup pizza sauce
1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup buffalo sauce
1 tbsp butter
1/4 cup blue cheese
1. Roll out the pizza dough. I grilled my crust first at 400 for 3-5 minutes on each side. If you would rather, bake in the oven at 400 for 5 minutes. Set crust aside.
2. Heat the olive oil in a skillet on high.
3. Add the chicken to the skillet and brown for 2 minutes on each side.
4. Lower the heat to medium high and add buffalo sauce and butter.
5. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Top the crust with sauce and about 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese.
7. Add chicken to pizza and drizzle with buffalo sauce.
8. Add the remainder of the mozzarella cheese.
9. Bake pizza for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
10. Top with blue cheese.