My new favorite ingredient? Bourbon. You can use it for everything, from steaks and burgers to cookies and pies. And of course, it goes great with my all-time favorite ingredient: bacon. Pair those two magical ingredients with some BBQ sauce and chicken and prepare to be amazed.
Have you ever heard of bacon paste? This stuff will change your life. It was the perfect way to add some bacon flavor to this crazy-good sauce.
I love cooking on the grill, especially this time of year in Florida. We have been having gorgeous weather lately, perfect for cookouts and bonfires.
We eat a lot of chicken, so it can get boring after awhile. Every now and then I need to mix it up with something really different. I’m excited to add this recipe to my arsenal! It was so easy to make, and I’ll definitely be making it again soon.
Kebobs are the perfect thing to make for a party or get-together. They are easy to throw together and you can grill lots of them all at once. Serve them with some rice and grilled veggies.
- 16 oz BBQ Sauce
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 3 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 6 slices of raw bacon, cut into small pieces
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1" pieces
- Light the grill and heat to medium high.
- In a medium bowl, combine the BBQ sauce and bourbon. Reserve 1/4 of this sauce to serve with the chicken. Set aside.
- Combine the salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, brown sugar and bacon pieces in a food processor and blend into a paste.
- Add the paste to the BBQ sauce and mix well.
- Dump the chicken pieces into the remaining sauce and coat well.
- Thread the chicken pieces onto skewers (I used metal, but if you use wooden skewers make sure to pre-soak them).
- Place the kebobs on the preheated grill. Cook 5 minutes on each side, coating with more sauce each time you flip them.
- Cook for 1 additional minute on each side or until done.
- Serve with reserved sauce.
What is your favorite bourbon recipe?
The Golden Vlog: Christmas Edition!
Another month has already flown by, and I’m joining Faith from Life w/ Mrs. G. & The Artist and friends for The Golden Vlog. This month we are talking about all things Christmas! Have fun watching and be sure to click the button to link up your video.