A few weeks ago my friends and I had a bacon-themed potluck. In case you are wondering, that’s pretty much the best thing ever. My creation were these over-the-top Bacon and Blue Cheese Sweet Potato Fries. Yum!
If you can’t tell by now, I LOVE blue cheese. We buy at least two containers of it a week and use every bit of it. Sometimes I even have to make a run to the store to buy more before my next shopping trip.
To my dismay, I’ve learned through the other blue cheese recipes I’ve shared that not everyone shares my passion! I guess blue cheese is more of a hit or miss ingredient. Some love it, some can’t stand it.
If you happen to be one of the poor souls who doesn’t like blue cheese, you could do a ranch version of this recipe. Find a homemade ranch dressing recipe online or use store-bought.
I took the time to make my own sweet potato fries for this recipe. If you are in a hurry or just don’t feel like putting that much work into this, feel free to use frozen! I’ll admit, I do it from time to time to. It just makes life easier!
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt, Pepper, Onion Powder and Garlic Powder to season
- Blue Cheese Dressing (add a little extra milk to make it thinner) or use store-bought
- 4 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a baking sheet with foil to prevent sticking.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into thin fries. Place in a bowl and coat with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with seasonings and mix well.
- Spread the sweet potatoes in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, flipping once. If your sweet potatoes are not crispy enough, broil them for 1-2 minutes.
- Place the fries directly on a plate and drizzle with blue cheese dressing. Sprinkle with bacon and serve immediately.
Are you a blue cheese fan? Or do you loathe it?