My favorite type of food to serve at parties is easy to throw together, but looks and tastes amazing. These Baked Potato Nachos are just that! The Super Bowl is just around the corner, and this recipe is the perfect appetizer for your party!
Finger food is always a winner for a party, and it’s even better when it’s covered with cheese and bacon! You can’t lose with this appetizer.
Plus, while these Baked Potato Nachos might not be labeled as “health food,” they aren’t as bad for you as most appetizers are.
These nachos feed a crowd, and you can easily double the recipe without much extra effort if you have a bigger party.
When I am getting ready for a party, I like to be able to get as much prep work done earlier in the day, so that I don’t get stressed out with a bunch of stuff to do right before the party starts.
I sliced up the potatoes a few hours ahead of time and did the first 30 minutes of baking. Then I covered them with foil and let them sit until shortly before the party started. I also chopped the chives and put them in a container in the fridge, and cooked the bacon, chopped it up and placed it in a separate container in the fridge.
- 5-6 baby red potatoes, sliced into 1/2 inch thick rounds
- Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Garlic Powder
- 2 cups of cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 strips of bacon, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped chives
- Preheat oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Place the potato rounds in a single layer on the pan.
- Brush both sides of the potatoes with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and garlic powder.
- Bake for 30 minutes, flipping once.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with cheese, bacon and chives. Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
What is your favorite appetizer to serve at a party?