Whether you are looking for an easy appetizer for a party, an afternoon snack or a simple lunch idea for kids, these Bacon & Cheese Pigs in a Blanket are just the thing! Adding a few ingredients makes this classic recipe way more delicious than it already was!
I remember the first time my aunt made Pigs in a Blanket for me as a kid. They were so good! Even as an adult, I still love making them for a party or just a snack. When I was making them as an appetizer for a party last week, I decided to mix it up and add some of my favorites: bacon and cheese!
I think that bacon bits are something that should always be kept in the house! We all know that bacon makes anything better. But adding bacon and cheese to pigs in a blanket? Yes, please!
I made these Bacon and Cheese Pigs in a Blanket for a Super Bowl party, and they were great as an appetizer! Football season may be over, but this recipe is great for any party or get together.
- 1 (8 count) package of crescent rolls
- 1 (8 count) beef brats
- 6 slices of american cheese
- 1/2 cup bacon bits
- Preheat the oven to 375. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Open the crescent rolls and separate the triangles. Cut each one in half lengthwise. Cut each brat in half. Cut each slice of cheese into 3 pieces.
- Place the crescent roll triangles on a cutting board or other clean surface. Place the slice of cheese at the bigger end of the triangle (see picture). Sprinkle the entire crescent roll with bacon bits. Place the brat at the big end of the triangle and roll up. Place on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Do you have a favorite childhood snack you could revamp?
Meet one of my Sponsors!
Meet Brandy of A Sweet Aroma! Her posts are always so encouraging. I have enjoyed getting to know her more this month, and I’m excited to introduce her to you.
What is the mission behind your blog? The mission of my blog is to be “a sweet aroma” unto Christ in every season of life. I love sharing the joys of the day to day while also shining beauty on the trials of life.
Where do you call home? What is your favorite thing about living there? I currently call Delaware home (although the mountains of VA will always be home sweet home). I love the accessibility to amazing day dates in Delaware. I don’t live in the city but I can be to Philly, NYC, Baltimore, DC, or the beach all for day trips!
Do you love to cook, or hate it? I LOVE to cook! I love to bake even more!